Windows Azure Pack for Windows Server (alias: Windows Azure Services for Windows Server) ist ein Softwarepaket, mit dem man einige Dienste aus Windows Azure auf eigenen Windows Server-Systemen installieren und betreiben kann.
Diese Dienste sind (Stand 17.10.2013):
- Management portal for tenants – a customizable self-service portal for provisioning, monitoring, and managing services such as Web Site Clouds, Virtual Machine Clouds, and Service Bus Clouds.
- Management portal for administrators – a portal for administrators to configure and manage resource clouds, user accounts, and tenant offers, quotas, and pricing.
- Service management API – a REST API that helps enable a range of integration scenarios including custom portal and billing systems.
- Web Site Clouds – a service that helps provide a high-density, scalable shared web hosting platform for ASP.NET, PHP, and Node.js web applications. The Web Site Clouds service includes a customizable web application gallery of open source web applications and integration with source control systems for custom-developed web sites and applications.
- Virtual Machine Clouds – a service that provides infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) capabilities for Windows and Linux virtual machines. The Virtual Machine Clouds service includes a VM template gallery, scaling options, and virtual networking capabilities.
- Service Bus Clouds – a service that provides reliable messaging services between distributed applications. The Service Bus Clouds service includes queued and topic-based publish/subscribe capabilities.
- SQL and MySQL – services that provide database instances. These databases can be used in conjunction with the Web Sites service.
- Automation – the capability to automate and integrate additional custom services into the services framework, including a runbook editor and execution environment.